......Our Current Kimochi Challenge!
See if you can join in the Challenge at home too!
.....Our annual Halloween Parade
A chance to share the fun! Reed students & families come along in their costumes for a school-wide parade 10/31 8:45am! See below for further details.
..... Our Season of Gratitude
This time of year always provides opportunity for both our school and wider community to embrace & practice gratitude. During the season, we encourage you to discuss with your child the ways in which Reed is participating:
- Remember to Trick or Treat for Unicef this Halloween! Boxes will come home with students before Halloween Night
- Contribute to our upcoming annual Food Drive for both the Marin & San Francisco Food Banks
- Veteran's Day - students share in recognizing & honoring family Veteran's through the Wall of Honor during Community Time 11/18
- Grandparents Day - a special time in school for families. Reed will host Grandparents on 11/21 8:30-9:30. Look out for further information!
HALLOWEEN FUN AT REED
With Halloween just around
the corner, we wanted to make sure that you all have the most up-to-date
information regarding Halloween festivities at Reed. We have contingencies in place rain or shine!
- Costumes are
- Students wear costumes to school. Please be sure to select an appropriately
themed costume for your child. Costumes may not include weapons, masks, or
overtly scary (this includes parents). Be mindful that our students are young
and scary images can be overwhelming.
- Clown Costumes
are not permitted this year
- After the parade
students will change into their regular clothing. Costumes will be placed into
parties have been scheduled at the discretion of the classroom teacher. All
guests must sign in at the office before proceeding to the classrooms.
parade is scheduled to be from 8:45 to 9:15ish on the blacktop
- Parents and
caregivers are welcome. Parents must wait on the blacktop before
parade, please do not escort your child to his/her classroom either before or
after the parade.
- Teachers will
bring students down to blacktop to form a large rectangle. Parents and guests form an outer
rectangle. This will allow for equal
opportunity picture taking! Parents may
not stand in the center of the rectangle as this is reserved for
In Case of Rain:
- Parade will be
relocated to the MPR. Due to limited space and fire code restrictions, the
parade will be a student-only event. Unfortunately
parents are not invited to attend.
parties will continue as scheduled